DIY Watercolor Mugs is one of the best presents if you want to make your beloved feel special. Use your imagination and different colors of nail polish to make a unique Mug.
All you need to do is pour polish into a container of warm water and dip your mug inside to create this cool design. It takes a little practice (and patience) to get the technique down but it’s well worth the effort. Every one of my friends was blown away and thought I had bought the mugs.
- Disposable container
- Nail polish
- Wood coffee stirrer or toothpick
- Sponge brush
- Glossy acrylic sealer (I used Liquitex Gloss Medium & Varnish)
- Fill container with warm water. Drip nail polish into container, as shown below. Pockets will form.
- Quickly use stirrer or toothpick to expand the pockets of nail polish. Then dip your mug in a circular motion.
- Let dry. Then add a glossy acrylic sealer with a sponge brush just over the design. You might need to add more layers of sealer, depending on your design. Be sure to let dry between applications.
The sealer should not be brushed over the inside or any areas you drink out of. The mug should be cleaned with mild soap and water, as it’s not dishwasher safe.